Content Type definition

I see that this feature was released and we have now a “getType” function in contentLib. This is really nice! I was doing something like that using ioLib which is serving me well for now. But in this new function there are missing x-data-mixins. They will be available in some near-launch release?

The x-data-mixins are not part of the content types. They are visible depending on whether a content is in the site or not.

But I guess we could add new functions to get x-data-mixins info. There are currently no plans for that. I will move this to Feature request.

3 Likes

We should indeed provide x-data info, however it is important to notice that this is contextual to the site, so it might require some tuning of the getTypes API.

2 Likes

If the contextual mixins late the other ones (those defined directly in the content-types) we could have them later xD

Mixins referenced from the content type are simply templates, and they should already be included. X-data however is a whole different beast.

1 Like

Meh :{ I agree with you. For now the only reason of using them as x-data is the UX they give for large content-types. If inline mixins could create the menu items that scroll directly to them I could avoid using them as x-data :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

So… If we were to support adding multiple forms in a content type, you would get the UI functionality you are looking for?

Yes! That would be awesome! :smiley:

We have added it to the backlog. Currently not prioritized.