Bad Performance in Enonic XP

At TINE we use Varnish with a custom integration in content studio for cache invalidation when apps or content update. We also do a lot of image caching and optimization outside of xp. Apache and Bigip as webserver and firewall

We even had a talk at one of the meetups last year about how we have the fastest xp site in the world :wink:

2 Likes

But you should really fix your template before starting to optimize. Freemarker beats Thymeleaf btw :slight_smile:

Thanks for the information everybody.
I have now for testing moved the VM to a newer ESX-host, and I se better performance when I load one page. Havnā€™t tryed with more tests in paralell.
I se that the total-time for thymeleaf are 78ms on the new ESX, and 203ms on the other. Thatā€™s a big difference.
I will take this information with me to the developer tomorrow.
BTW: Who can change to Freemarker, is it the developer or Enonic?

Sondre.

Freemarker is a lib on the marketplace. (Developed by TINE)

I donā€™t think the problem is in Thymeleaf vs Freemarker.

The thymeleaf-entry on the livetrace is the from the page-controller. I think it contains the rendering of the parts inside it. We canā€™t see where the work is actually being done (page or parts), but itā€™s probably not doing thymeleaf templating.

Part rendering is explicitly listed in Livetrace and performed as a separate synchronous processing step after the Page rendering: https://developer.enonic.com/docs/xp/stable/runtime/engines/site-engine

Can you show me an example of how we can se this in Livetrace? Just a picture would be nice :slight_smile:

Sondre.

You can see this from the picture posted by bhj earlier in this thread. Each ā€œrenderComponentā€ is the start of rendering a part, layout or similar.