Issue with creating content using lib-content when x-data present in 6.15

One of our developers said there was a issue now that the SEO Meta Fields uses x-data with content that used the old app. We’re running 1.6.0 now on 6.15.0

2018.08.31 08:56:04.776 ERROR c.e.x.p.i.e.ExceptionRendererImpl - Mixin not found [com.enonic.app.metafields:meta-data]
com.enonic.xp.web.WebException: Mixin not found [com.enonic.app.metafields:meta-data]

Any way to downgrade?

Hi,

You can download every version from here, and upload the jar that works. It is true, x-data format totally changed in 6.15 and 1.6 of the app. I will need to investigate this. But are you perhaps adding/using this mixin from any of your app’s site.xml? That mixin is deleted in 1.6.

We don’t use that mixin from anywhere else, but have the same issue when we apply x-data in the new format, and then use the content-lib to create content with x-data present in the model.

Here is a dummy example that work:

var newProduct = contentLib.create({
  name: "A Product",
  parentPath: content._path,
  contentType: app.name + ":product",
  data: {
    preface: "Ordinary data works like a charm"
  }
});

but if we also supply x-data to the model when trying to create we get the excpection.

var newProduct = contentLib.create({
  name: "A Product",
  parentPath: content._path,
  contentType: app.name + ":product",
  data: {
    preface: "Ordinary data works like a charm"
  },
  x: {
    'no-tine-tags': {
      tags: {
        tag: "Our tag is the best tag"
      }
    }
  }
});

So the issue here is that the validation step breaks all our usage of content lib to create/modify existing content if there is any app that use the new x-data format on the site.

My heading is a little missleading. This is bug in xp 6.15 and not actually the SEO Meta Fields App

Yeah it looks that way. The XP dev-team is looking into this bug now. Thanks for reporting all the details.

We have registered the bug here: https://github.com/enonic/xp/issues/6534