Last week at Enonic - 2017, week 26

Last Week

The Norwegian Film Institute - NFI.no - was released. Developed by our partner Seeds Consulting.

We released our second beta version of Enonic XP in our repository (for technically advanced users only). It contains translations of Content Studio into Norwegian. We also moved three internal libraries out of XP so that they will be easier to maintain, update, and use (more info will come). The libs are libs-cache, libs-http-client, and libs-xslt. They can as of 6.11 be updated independently of the core product.

Agile Digital Project Managers London meetup was held in London last week, and our CEO Morten Eriksen spoke about PWA and The Return of The Web.

In related news, Foundation 6.4 released with full CSS Grid support. If you’re tired of all the sleek and clean looking CSS frameworks out there, the all new Brutalist Framework might be something for you. Metafizzy also released the Infinite Scroll version 3 JS-plugin. And CSS-tricks takes a look at the problems with position: fixed and “fixes” it (yes, pun intended).

This is the last “Last Week” for the summer. Last Week will get some sun and will return fully tanned at the end of July.

Have a great summer!

Enonic Releases

No new releases last week.

Enonic Market

Enonic Market had these updates last week.

Our GraphQL Library was released. It is the basis of our Foosball app Office League. Read all about GraphQL on Webagility.

Even though we encourage the use of Tag Manager tools like Google Tag Manager, you might find yourself in need of just adding one single Facebook Pixel to a website. Now you can with the brand new Facebook Pixel app from Enonic (released today to be honest, but since we’ll go on vacation now we didn’t want to wait for three more weeks to give you the notice).

Office League also released version 1.2.0 with some improvements.

Events

The following events are planned so far, and quickly approaching:

Training

We provide professional training for developers, editors, and marketers. These classes are planned so far, sign up!

Need custom training, or on other dates? Contact us!

Don’t forget to certify yourself as an XP developer!

See you next week!

1 Like

I can help when you decide to release a portuguese translation for Admin xD

8 Likes

Hi @PVMerlo
Still up for the task? You can contact @jsi to coordinate a translation to portuguese admin. It’s all based on .phrases files placed in the core XP project on Github, so a pull request would work wonders =)

We actually have some translations that were not included in the 6.11 release. We are working on these now and they will be finalized in 6.12. So I suggest we wait with translation to other languages until this release.

2 Likes

Good point Alan =) That will give a more full translation.

We actually have a page in the doc, that explains how to do it: http://xp.readthedocs.io/en/stable/admin/contribute.html

All contributions are greatly appreciated. :blush:

2 Likes

Yeah! Just give me the coordinates and I can do it :slight_smile: