Welcome back from Christmas and New Years celebrations (if you celebrated). We welcome 2018 after a few weeks of radio silence with a lot of interesting Enonic news.
Promised yourself to dive into the world of Progressive Web Apps this year? Well, Enonic got you covered. Come to our developer meetup in mid-February for a workshop building your first PWA. This is a chance you should not miss! And bring friends =)
If you’re in London the 25th of January, you can also join our London PWA meetup, centered around talks about PWA-related things. Great speakers lined up, from Microsoft and Samsung, to mention a few. Grab a seat, we have room for 100 people over at Skills Matter.
Some of the Enonic Market updates over the weekends:
- Http Client Lib 1.0.1 - Bug fixes for text-based responses
- HTML Export library 1.0.0 - Export html to Excel or PDF
- URL Redirect 2.0.0 - Drop Template, use Controller mappings instead
- Simple ID Provider 1.2.0 - Session timeout config
- Data Toolbox 2.1.5 - Specify parent path when importing from widget
- Util lib 1.3.0 - New value-checking methods
Here’s some interesting articles that surfaced since we last spoke, related to Web Development in general. Many great things happen in such a short time, so I’ve just collected it for you in a few bullets.
- Support CSS Grid for older browsers
- Accessibility guide
- Particle effects with ThreeJS
HTML 5.2 is W3C Recommendation ready (live) (introduces
- ES6 iterators and for-of loop
- Firefox joins Chrome, Edge and Opera with cross-browser WebExtensions
The following events are planned so far:
Developer Meetup - 14th of February - Our next developer meetup will be a workshop were we will together setup our first Progressive Web App (from scratch, using XP). This will be a great way for you to kickstart 2018!
London PWA - 25th of January - Loads of interesting talks about PWA, something that will be more and more relevant as we progress through 2018. Great speakers, from Samsung and Microsoft among others. We have 100 seats, make sure to grab yours!
We provide professional training for developers, editors, and marketers. These training events are coming up, but more are available!
- Developer 101: 24th of January
- Developer 201: 25th of January
- Content 101: 8th of February
- Developer 101 in London: 13th of February
Need custom training, or training on other dates, or other locations? Contact us!
Don’t forget to certify yourself as an XP developer!
See you next week!