Last week at Enonic - 2018, week 31

Last Week

In case you just got back from vacation, make sure to grab the latest and greatest Enonic XP 6.15. This release contains loads of goodies, read previos posts for details.

At Enonic we’ve been hard at work all summer, taking turns with vacation. Planning for 7.0 is full at works, currently designing the concepts for translations-support in XP. If you’re watching our Github repos you might see some tags for 7.0 popping up as we prepare to break things. This will not affect you, it’s only for internal testing making sure upgrade scripts works.

With a more calm office I had some time over to take a look at one of my pet apps - the SEO Meta Fields app. I made two releases for it last week, introducing multiple improvements that you should check out.

Enonic Releases

Enonic XP 6.15 has been out for weeks now, make sure you try it!

As always, we apprciate feature requests and bug reports here in the forum and/or on our Github page for XP.

Enonic Market

Enonic Market had these updates last week:

We actually had two releases last week, but both for one and the same app - SEO Meta Fields.

SEO Meta Fields 1.5.0 - Multiple improvements, some highlights are that you can now separately control which image each content will show on social media. We also require 6.15 from now on to run the app, so make sure to upgrade first.

SEO Meta Fields 1.6.0 - Includes a handy widget for displaying all SoMe-data and SEO-data for a content directly in Content Studio!

Further reading

Here’s some interesting articles that surfaced last week, related to Web Development in general.

Send me a private message if you happen to stumble over something interesting this week.

Events

The following events are planned so far:

Training

We provide professional training for developers, editors, and marketers. These training events are coming up, but more are available! Need custom training, or training on other dates, or other locations? Contact us!

Don’t forget to certify yourself as an XP developer!

That’s it for now. Stay in touch with us here in our forums and on our open Slack channels.

See you next week!