Enonic version: 7.1.3
OS: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
I’m implementing a task that will be importing content from an external API. While checking objects, the task will be either deleting, creating or updating (modifying + publishing) objects in Content Studio. I’ve noticed, however, that the versions my objects are not listed in the ‘Version history’ widget after modifying/publishing content using contentLib. Here are some of the tests I’ve performed so far:
- Modifying media objects a few times has created a number of versions in the Version History just fine.
- The exact same test mentioned above has been performed in other content-types of mine, in XP6, and the versions were also listed in the Version History.
- Modifying an object manually in the Content Studio has also created new versions listed in the Version History.
- When modifying objects in XP 7 while running my code no new versions listed in the Version History.
- Checking the node versions with the ‘findVersions’ method from node lib, I can see the versions, but not in the version history widget.
I suspect that this is related to the updates in the node versions management in the XP7 described at How will 7.0 handle versions? and https://developer.enonic.com/docs/xp/stable/release#version_commits.
I wonder if this is a bug on XP7. Is there a way to force list new versions in the Version history widget when modifying the object with content API?