Norweigian Characters

Enonic version: 6.4.2

I would like to know if there’s any issue for the next enonic versions about translating some special characters. For indexing, url reading and content organization, would be nice have some characters mapped to another ones when generating the content name.
Ex.: Smådyr, actually generates a name smdyr, but this would be smadyr. Also, portuguese characters, like ç in Paçoca, should generate the name like “pacoca”. This is made in several CMS, like wordpress, eZPublish and even React.

Hi!

I guess you are referring to the autogenerated url’s in content studio? I’ve added it to the backlog. Hope to get this fixed for 6.6!

2 Likes

Hi.

This is already done for indexing/search, e.g Paçoca matches pacoca and paçoca, båt matches bat and båt in searches. That said, I just found a bug happening with html-area fields, where this doesnt work. Adding a bug for it now.

Thank you all! @tsi, yes, I mean for auto generated url’s. @rmy, for indexing it currently works on simple fields, like you said, but for example, if I set the title of a Blog Post as “Vi selger båter” (which generates a url like “vi-selger-bter”), when I perform a search with “bater” word, this works, like you said, but if I change the title to “Vi selger yatcher”, as I’ve first published this same object before changing the title, the url can’t be changed after the publish, so, when I find for “bater”, this page should come together when other results, even if the title has changed, because it should have the url like “vi-selger-bater” which has the searched word, understand?

Hi again…

First of all - you can manually update the generated url, so if it initially generates “vi-selger-bter” you can edit it to “vi-selger-båter” or just “bater” for instance. Also, once the page has been published you can still change the name by simply clicking in the name field. The reason why we do not auto-update the name when users change the display name is simply to avoid accidental changes to path’s.

NB! After changing the name of a published item and saving, you will see it has status “moved”.

Oh, sorry, that’s right.