Only private issues in issue tracker

It would be nice if we could configure XP to only show private issues as default. When we have a large site with many editors and many issues it gets a bit messy when the notification in the top corner shows the number of all issues rather than just mine. If this number could only show my issues then it would be more useful than seeing that my organization has hundreds of issues.

I can understand that smaller organizations like to see all issues, so a site wide setting where we can decide would be appreciated.

The logic behind the issue icon/text in the header is as follows:

1. If there are no open issues, the text will say “No open issues”

1. If there are open issues, but none of them are assigned to you or created by you, then the text will say “Open issues (X)” where X is the number of all open issues

1. If there are open issues assigned to your user, the text will say “Assigned to Me (X)”, with red icon over the label. Clicking the icon/text will open the list filtered to only show issues assigned to you.

1. If there are open issues created by your user, the text will say “My Issues (X)”, with blue icon over the label. Clicking the icon/text will open the list filtered to only show issues created by you.

So, even though there’s no concept of private issues, when you click the button to open the issue list it will by default be filtered to show you either only issues assigned to you or only issues created by you.

If your user by default sees the entire list of issues it means that there are currently no open issues either assigned to or created by that user.

1 Like

I guess we could simplify this to always say “open issues” with a count of total, and only use the red icon to show issues assigned to current user?

My last comment here is implemented in Content Studio 2.3 ETA really really soon.

1 Like