We need to be able to schedule new elements or pages

Hi everyone, I can see that this has been discussed before, and is a locked thread: Scheduling new versions of an existing page - Enonic Discuss

But I’d like to add this topic to highlight that we need this feature, and we have been waiting for it since we started using Enonic a couple of years ago. As far as I know, it has been said for a while that this feature is coming.

This works for new or unpublish elements:

Do you have a timeframe of when we can expect to see this feature?

Regards,
Lars

But we need to be able to set schedule for new items,

3 Likes

Scheduler service is coming in XP 7.7 (planned release - next week). There’s no scheduled publishing job yet, but it’s relatively easy to implement it once the scheduler service is available, so it’s coming soon after. You can even implement your own scheduled publishing job until it’s coming natively to XP.

1 Like

Just to control expectations here. Implementing a Job that does something at a specific time is not hard, but the entire scheduled publishing process is significantly more complex and involves a range of changes and improvements that need to be implemented. It even affects changes to the current scheduled publishing. It is likely a feature of XP8. Which luckily we have already started looking into.

1 Like

Thank you @ase and @tsi for replying. I will tell my coworkers than it is a likely feature of XP8.

Regards,
Lars