Where is the file selector?

Am I missing something or is there no file selector? I’ll have a lot of content with PDF files and I’d like to be able to select an existing file or upload a new PDF file that will be a child of the current content. (Exactly like the image selector but with files)

I’d like the PDF files to be searchable content that can be used in multiple main content articles so that rules out attachments. But if we use the content selector then we’ll have to create the main content, save it, then create children file contents below it, then edit the main content again just to add the files.

Hi Mla!

So, you would like a “mediaSelector” input type? Where you can upload any kind of file and it will automatically be added to that form item? Currently, it does not exist. You would have to use contentSelector, with a filter matching your desired media, and upload the media from the browse dialogue.

But, good idea!
We’ll look at this for our upcoming Product Advisory Board!

Thanks. I just finished building a site with Wordpress and the whole time I was wishing I could have built it with XP instead. Now I’m working on my own little side project with XP and I’m surprised to find that there’s one feature that was easier with Wordpress. I’m looking forward to having a FileSelector input. :slight_smile:

It’s been a while since I worked with XP and I’m really impressed with all the improvements. 6.11 is really nice.

5 Likes

Hi Michael!

Good to “see” you! - Yeah, we have come a long way since you left!

Can’t believe anything is actually better with WordPress. We have to fix that! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We’ve added this to the backlog!

2 Likes