So, I probably should give you the background.
Wordpress site hacked repeatedly. Had a database dump.
Database dump is one massive text file.
grepped it for insert into the wp_post table… That gave me a set of posts.
I was not really interested in restoring everything. I am just trying to get myself a head start.
So this script is written in oorexx. It’s quick, dirty, horribly documented.
I also made a template.xml file based upon an export which I took of a node using the data manager. I have then deleted the ID (so it generates it) and added a couple of tags which my script uses to do a replace. These are between ** **.
I haven’t tested it yet against 7.6 (my machine is on 7,5) but it seems to do the trick, and I was able to upload a large number of articles…
Might be helpful to someone, and looking at my oorexx code should be obligatory… if only because I use more and more obscure techniques to achieve results…
– Somewhat entertaining code for anyone interested in OO dev below – well I like looking at odd programming languages! –